Ph.D. and M.Sc. in Engineering Sciences
Research Group on Communications and Networks
The School of Engineering and Sciences at Tecnologico de Monterrey invites applications for SEVEN full-time PhD Positions in the area of Wireless Communications at Tecnologico de Monterrey, Campus Monterrey, Mexico.
The successful candidates will be engaged in granted research projects on Massive MIMO for 5G, Localization in Reconfigurable Networks, and Integrated Design of Sensor Networks and Signal Processing Algorithms. Specific areas of interest are:
- Cognitive radio
- Vehicular communications (ITS, V2I, V2V, mobility, Doppler, etc.)
- 5G mm Wave Wireless Propagation
- Channel Modeling and estimation
- Collaborative and cooperative networks
- Position Location for 3D scenarios
- Routing, MAC and security in wireless sensor networks
STARTING DATE: August 2017 or January 2018.
SCHOLARSHIP: 100% tuition and a government scholarship for living expenses.
Ph.D.: 48 months maintaining GPA.
M.Sc.: 24 months maintaining GPA.
LOCATION: Monterrey, Mexico. (Main city in the Northeastern region of Mexico).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 10, 2017 (for January 2018), June 10, 2017 (for August 2017)
- Ph.D. only: An official Master’s degree (obtained before August 2017) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Signal Processing, Communications, Computer Engineering, or related areas. If the candidate does not have a master’s degree, he/she can apply for the M.Sc. program in Engineering Sciences with concentration in Telecommunications with a full-time scholarship (100% tuition and living expenses for 2 years) and continue towards the Ph.D. degree if performance is adequate.
- The candidate should have strong analytical and programming skills.
- Research interests to work in team or independently.
- Admission test from Tecnológico de Monterrey (PAEP) or GRE scores. This is a requirement for both Ph.D. and M.Sc. applications.
- Excellent oral/written communication in English. TOEFL test score, or demonstrate previous degree from an Institution with primary instruction in English.
- Extended version of CV with list of publications, awards and recognitions.
- Ph.D. only: A letter describing your interest in the Ph.D. position and why you think you can be selected (max three pages).
- Ph.D. only: Short statement of research interests and future vision on the field. (Description of your topic of interest maximum 5 pages).
- Names and contact information of three academic referees to request recommendation letters. We will request them.
- School transcripts of previous degree showing GPA
- Interview with a member of the admissions committee (it will be organized after application materials have been received)
Interested applicants should send documentation electronically to:
Dr. Cesar Vargas
- School of Engineering and Sciences
- Tecnológico de Monterrey, CETEC TS- piso 7
- Av. Eugenio Garza Sada 2501 Sur,
- Col. Tecnológico, Monterrey, N.L. 64849, México.
- Phone +52 (81) 81582081, +52 (81) 81581400, ext. 5027.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Tecnologico de Monterrey
Tecnologico de Monterrey, the leading private University in Mexico, continues strengthening and renewing the commitment with its research strategy, making research an institutional priority to transform the scientific and technological knowledge into innovative solutions that benefit society. Aimed to fulfill these objectives, Tecnologico de Monterrey has designed an action-research model, named Research that Transforms Lives, based on a collaborative, interdisciplinary and open innovation ecosystem, with participation of researchers, teachers, professional and graduate students. Research that Transforms Lives objective is to be and engine that generates innovative solutions for the economic and social development of México. 40 Research Groups with Strategic Focus have been established where the scientific activity starts from a specific challenge, which is connected with a discipline and, more precisely, connected with specific topics and approaches.
-  The review of applications will continue until the positions are filled.
- Tecnológico de Monterrey is committed to increase the diversity, and strongly encourages women to apply.
- The Candidates will work in the School of Engineering and Sciences in the Research Focus Group on Communications and Networks. The admitted candidates will be in the Ph.D. or M.Sc. programs in Engineering Sciences with concentration on Telecommunications.